Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pre-Mish

Hi, Everyone! As I embark on my two year Journey to serve our Heavenly Father my family will update this blog with photos and letters that I send them.

If you want to write me on my mission here is my contact information:

Email: nicholas.sparks@myldsmail.net

MTC Address:
Elder Nicholas Echon Sparks
MTC Mailbox # 170
PHI-ILOL 1009
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Mission Address: 
Elder Nicholas Echon Sparks
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St
Arevalo,
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

Before I leave I won't to share some of my favorite quotes with all of you

  • Live without pretending, love without depending, listen without defending, speak without offending.
  • People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you.
  • Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.
  • God makes three requests of his children: Do the best you can, where you are, with what you have, now.
  • Sometimes you have to sit back and remember where you've been, to see how far you've come, so that you can figure out where your going.
  • Not all scars show, not all wounds heal. Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels.
  • Sometimes we need to forget some people from our past. Because of one simple reason. they just don't belong in our future.
  • All scars heal eventually. You must let them heal to move on. Scars are not there to remind you of your suffering; scars are there to remind you of the fact that you have won - your scars are healed. 
  • If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care. If the adversary can influence us to pick on each other, to find fault, bash, and undermine, to judge or humiliate, to taunt, half his battle is won.
  • Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
  • Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else.
  • All that we are is a result of what we have thought.
  • Stop waiting for things to happen. Go out and make them happen. 
  • Sometimes we expect more from others because we are willing to do that much for them. 
  • You don't always get what you wish for, you get what you work for. 
  • It's never a question of can you, but will you?
  • What defines us is how well we rise after falling.
  • If life gets too hard to stand... kneel. 
  • Don't quit, you're already in pain. You're already hurt. Get a reward for it. 
  • The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
  • Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
  • Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment till it's a memory.
  • Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice. 
  • Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. 
  • Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
  • He saved us not because of righteous things we have done, but because of his mercy. 
  • Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay it's not the end. 
  • Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted. 
  • Don't just endure his will for your life, but rejoice in it with unspeakable joy. 
  • Be who you are, and say what you feel. 'Cuz those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. 
  • Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. 
  • In the end, what we regret the most are the chances we never took. 
I have a testimony of this gospel. I love our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know that they love me and that they have a plan for me. I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet and President Monson is the Prophet, Seer, and Revelator for our day. I know that the Book of Mormon is the truest book on this Earth. I have witnessed the blessings it has given me and I can't wait to share them with the people of the Philippines. The field is white already to harvest, and I'm ready to reap with all my might. I'm grateful for all your support and would love your letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment